Bengaluru Central University Office of the Registrar [Evaluation), Bengaluru Central University, Bengaluru
No.:BCU/EX/UG/FN/2019-20 Date: 25-10-2019
Sub: Collection fees of 1 / 1 Semester UG Examination for B.A/B.Sce/ B.Com/B.Com(HONS)/BBA/BBA(Aviation Management)/BCA/ BVA/BSW/BHM_B. Voc(I.T)/B. Voc(R.M)/B.Sc(R.Sci)/B.Se(F -A.D) /B.Sc(1.D.D)/B.Sc(N&DYB.A(S.L.P) to be held during Nov-Dec 2019
Ref: 1. BCU/ACA/UG-Calendar of Events/26/2019-20 dated 22-06-2019 2. BCWD Notification No. BCK/SS/CR-34/2014-15, dated 14-08-2014 3. Vice—Chancellor’s approval dated 25-10-2019
Bengaluru Central University is introducing several student friendly measures related to conduct of examinations by making use of Information and Communication Technology. In this regard, the University intends to provide accurate and timely information as well as communication using Web Portal and Mobile Applications. Accordingly, the options are provided to students to pay their examination fee for the above mentioned examination through Digital Net Banking / College designated bank / and other digital modes only.
The procedure for making payment of examination fee is applicable for all Theory / Practical examinations scheduled to be held during November / December 2019.
Detailed time table for Theory examinations shall be announced separately. Other related information is given below:
Students eligible to appear in the examination need to pay and submit their application form as detailed in this document:
Information to students for submission of Examination Application Form and payment of Examination Fee
- Student is required to login to the web portal www.studentportal.universitysolutions.in identify the degree and semester and submit the Examination Application Form
- Students are required to ensure accuracy of all information prior to payment of Examination Fee
- Students are mandatorily required to take all subjects of the First Year / F irst Semester
- Students are required to ensure the subjects / papers in which they are appearing prior to payment of Examination Fee
- Student will have choice to remit examination fee through multiple payment modes. Details of the same are given below. Il.
- The Student can pay the examination fee at the bank as designated by the College. Student is required to generate appropriate “Fee remittance challan” from the Web Portal, pay the stipulated fee at the College designated bank and submit the receipt issued by the bank to college authorities for further processing.
- The Student can pay the examination fee at all Post Offices across the State. The Student is required to generate appropriate “Fee remittance challan” from the Web Portal. pay the stipulated fee at any Post Office. The University shall communicate student the receipt of examination fee through digital communication such as SMS / e-mail / Notification
The Student shall also have an option to pay the examination fee through “Payment Gateway” that is available through the Student Web Portal. Payment of fee through Net-Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Wallets and other means shall be available through the “Payment Gateway”
- The student is required to pay nominal transaction fee when the fee is paid either through “Post Office” or through “Payment Gateway”. The transaction fee in such cases will be indicated prior to payment of fee. However, when the payment of fee is made at the College designated bank, students are required not to pay any transaction fee. It is left to the discretion of student to opt for payment of fee by choosing any one of the above mentioned three choices.
Students are allowed to download Hall Ticket by themselves directly from the Web Portal
The mere payment of examination fee and submission of application does not entail
the studen r for the e ination, unless he/she ful ll condition t u id down in the ion of the course he University
If the students use Internet Browsing Center for making payment and if the payment is made from the bank account of other than student and if there are any mal functions during the payment. then the students only be responsible for the same
Students whose family income is less than Rs.2.5 lakhs are eligible for exemption in Examination Fee as per the rules and regulations. Such students are required to pay the marks card fee as mentioned above. This facility will be available only to those students who are appearing for the first time in that examination. Related information is made available in University Web site. Students whose family income is less than Rs.2.5 lakhsand belonging to Category [ and students whose family income is less than Rs.1.00 lakhand belonging to other backward categories (2A, 3A and 3B) are eligible for exemption in Examination Fee as per the rules and regulations. Such students are required to pay the marks card fee as mentioned above. This facility will be available only to those students who are appearing for the first time in that examination. Related information is made available in University Web site.
Students belonging to Category 2B are not entitled for exemption in Examination Fee. Such students are required to pay full Examination Fee. As per the Govt. of Karnataka order MWD:400:MDS-2014 dated 17.10.2014, the examination fee shall be credited to student’s bank account directly. Information to Principals of t lle ing procedures to be follow
- The Principals of all affiliated UG colleges shall use the College Web Portal as provided by the Bengaluru Central University. All the necessary instructions are provided through digital communication in the form of SMS / e-mail / Web Portal.
- The University shall generate Register Number and Unique Student Id for students on approval of admission and the same shall be communicated to College and students.
- The Colleges shall decide on the eligibility of students for appearing in the examination through College Web Portal
- It shall be the responsibility of the college to identify students who are eligible for concessional fee through College Web Portal
- The Colleges shall have provision to identify the students for whom the Examination Hall Ticket is to be withheld by citing reasons form the same through College Web Portal
- Students shall be communicated their eligibility to appear in the examination on confirmation from the Colleges. The communication to student shall be sent through SMS / e-mail / notification through Web Portal
7.Colleges are required to provide their bank details on the web portal without which, students will not be able to pay examination fee at the college designated bank
- College shall get information of all the students who have paid the examination fee either through “Post Office” or through “Payment Gateway”
9. Colleges shall arrive at the total examination fee collected from students through the college designated bank and transfer the same to the designated University bank account through the fund transfer option available in college portal only.
- The University shall send digital communication to both students and colleges as and when the Examination Hall Tickets are made available on the Web Portal
- Students can download the Examination Hall Ticket by themselves through the Student Web Portal on getting the communication from University
- Colleges shall provide necessary infrastructure if the students desire to download the Examination Hall Ticket at College premises
- Based on the examination fee paid, the Question Paper indent is generated by the University at its end, In other words, Colleges need not prepare and send the Question Paper indent to University,
- 14, The Question Paper indent generated at the University end shall be made available to Colleges through Web Portal for information. Colleges shall verify the Question Paper indent and bring it to the notice of University officials in the case of any discrepancy
- 15. Colleges shall print the list of students appearing in the examination and a copy of the same is to be submitted to the Registrar (Evaluation) after the same is affixed by the Principal.
- Candidate list of students appearing in the examination shall be made available to colleges through Web Portal
- Principals shall ensure that, only those students who have fulfilled the attendance requirement as laid down in the regulation of the course, shall be allowed to fill in the online examination application and only such students shall be permitted to appear for examination.
18, Colleges are required to prepare for Practical Examination through the Web Portal only
- Colleges are mandatorily required to use the Web Portal for Practical Batch preparation and marks entry
NOTE: College offering courses having practical/ Viva-Voce/ Project/ Dissertation Examinations shall contact the respective BOE Chairpersons well in advance for conduct of the said examinations.
- Colleges are mandatorily required to use the “Room Allotment” option available in the Web Portal for Theory Examinations
- Invigilator Dairy in duplicate are to be printed from the Web Portal and one copy of the Invigilator Dairy is to be sent along with the Answer Books to the University
- Students absent in the Theory Examination has to be updated Online through Web Portal prior to the completion of Theory Examination. The consolidated absent statement generated through the Web Portal is to be sent to University along with Answer Books,
- INFORMATION REGARDING SCHOLARSHIP (FEE CONCESSION FROM THE GOVT):
- The Principals of the colleges are not supposed to demand the prescribed examination fees from SC/ST students of Karnataka (Smrcn sez HOM: Neo-83/ W..2o 2012,
sontec Ozect: 27-06-2013).
The fees prescribed to be paid by them will be reimbursed by the Social Welfare Department on submission of On-line Post-Metric applications by the SC/ST students.
The Principals should ascertain that the SC/ST students have submitted the following photocopies of the documents (attested by the Gazetted Officer) along with on-line Post- Metric Application (on which the photo of the student and 15 digit Registration Number is displayed) so as to avail the concession fee
- Caste Certificate of the Student issued by the Tahsildar.
- Parents’ Annual Income Certificate (less than or equal to Rs.2.5laks) issued by the Tahsildar (valid up to 5 years) (If the parent of the student is a State/Central Government Employee, salary slip shall be insisted along with the Income Certificate).
- Previous Year Marks Card/Result sheet.
However the SC/ST students whose fees are reimbursed from the Social welfare Department shall pay only Rs. -15-00 (Rupees fifteen only) Fifteeneach for Theory, Practical and Viva-Voce/Project/Dissertation as a processing fee.
The Principals of the colleges shall obtain the reimbursement of fees by forwarding the Online Post-Metric applications to the Social Welfare Department. The fees will be remitted to Principal’s account DIRECTLY by CASH TRANSFER from The Social Welfare Department. If the fee so remitted to Principal’s account is disbursed to the concerned students, the concerned Principal shall collect the preseribed fees of this semester along with the fees of previous semester from such SC /ST students and remit the same to the University account without fail. If the fee is not disbursed to the concerned students, then the reimbursed fee is to be transferred to University’s bank account through the fund transfer option available in college portal only.
- The following SC/ST candidates are not eligible to claim fee reimbursement . 1, SC/ST Students from other states. 2. SC/ST students of Karnataka whose parents’ annual income is more than 2.5 lakhs.
- However, if the above documents are not found to be enclosed along with the Online Post- Metric application, the Principals shall ensure that the full prescribed fee is paid from the SC/ST students.
In case of non-receipt of Scholarship/Fee reimbursement of a particular student from the Social Welfare Department for the reasons mentioned therein by the Social Welfare Department, the Principal shall ensure that the students pay the fee along with fee of next semester without fail.
- As per Govt. Order No, &®28/ 589/ sacan/ 2013, QA208:05-10-2013 x 06- 08-2014, the Tuition, Laboratory, Examination, Library and Sports fee (The amount of Fees prescribed by the University or the maximum limit of fees fixed by the BCWD whichever is less) of the Cat-l, 2A .3A & 3B and other students will be reimbursed to the concerned College Bank Account, for the students who are eligible for admission to the said course and year, subject to the condition that the Annual Income limit which is reflected in the Government Order(Cat-| students whose Parents’ Annual Income is less than or equal to Rs. 2,5 laks and other 2A, 3A & 3B students whose Parents’ annual Income is less than or equal to Rs.1.0 laks are eligible to apply for the reimbursement of fees).
- The candidates belonging to minorities (i.¢., Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Anglo Indians, Jains etc..) whose parents” annual income is less than or equal to Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs only) are eligible to apply for incentive of Rs. 4,000/- from Minorities Welfare Department (MWD) as per the norms of MWD (xtmrcn sare mo3,; MWD 21/MDS 2011 dated: 02-08-2014). f. The principals of the Colleges shall ensure the prescribed examination fees from the Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B and other students. The prescribed fee shall also be collected from SC/ST students whose parents” annual income is more than are 2.5 lakhs.
- The Principals of the Colleges should give undertaking to the effect that they would get the re-imbursement of Examination fees of students and remit them to the University,
24, The Practical examinations time-table for the course wherever prescribed will be notified by the Chief-Superintendent of the concerned examination centre. The practical examination preparation shall be done through Web Portal only. The Practical Batch preparation and entry of marks shall be done through Web Portal only, Marks awarded by the examiners are to be updated into the Web Portal by the colleges on the day of examination itself. A copy of the marks entered into the Web Portal is to be printed, verified and signed by all the examiners which then is inserted into a cover, sealed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar (Evaluation), Bengaluru Central University, Bengaluru before the commencement of theory examinations.Detailed Time Table for Theory Examination will be notified in due course.
- The Internal Assessment/Grading (as applicable) shall be updated through on-line web portal before the commencement of theory examinations. A copy of the marks entered is to be printed, verified, signed and submitted to the office of the Registrar (Evaluation)
prior to commencement of theory examinations. IA received after the commencement of theory examination shall not be accepted. Therefore, the Principals are requested to pay their personal attention and ensure that LA marks/ grades are correctly submitted before the last date positively to avoid any inconvenience to the students. The Principal of the respective college will be personally held responsible for non-submission of LA marks/Grades. Failure on the part of the Principal in this regard will be viewed seriously and the matter will be reported to the commissioner, Higher Education and the Principal Secretary, Higher Education for further action.
- Late submission of list of students appearing in examination or transferring of fee collected into University bank account by the colleges will attract penal fee of Rs. 5,000/-
- As per regulation governing UG courses, a candidate should complete his/her degree course within Five Academic years from the date of admission to the First semester. (UGC guidelines’ Span period/17-18 dated 13.07.2017/Circular)
- For any clarification / information / help, Principals are informed to contact 6363115217, 6363110321 and 6363122560 or email@example.com
Registrar (Evaluation) Bengaluru Central University, Bengaluru To. The Principals of all the Affiliated Colleges of the Bengaluru Central University, Bengaluru
- District Social Welfare Officer / District Back Ward Classes Directorate, Bengaluru Urban, Bengaluru.
- PS to VC/Registrar/Registrar (Eva)/Finance Officer, BCU, Bengaluru.
- M/s Logisys, Bengaluru with a request to host the above notification on the Bengaluru Central
University website, and also send SMS alert to all the Principals of the UG Colleges affiliated to
Bengaluru Central University. Further, M/s Logisys is required to keep open the website to enable
the colleges to upload the relevant details as and when required.
The Computer/PRO Sections, BCU, Bengaluru.
DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL PDF HEAR