How to apply for BMTC student bus pass online! step by step procedure
A press note from the Information Department, the government of Karnataka, says that BMTC is issuing student passes for the convenience of the students at concessional rates. An online system has been introduced this time, to avoid inconvenience to students like submission of documents and standing in the queues. This system is directly integrated with the Education Department database, where a student can directly apply through Education Institutions or directly by themselves through e-form.
Through Mobile using IVR options:
- Dial 161 in mobile.
- Select Kannada or English language.
- Select 6 for BMTC services.
- Select 2 for Student passes
- Student pass application will be sent to the student’s mobile through the weblink
Through direct web link
- Alternatively, the student can also visit www.mybmtc.com and access the weblink for applying for a student pass.
- The student will obtain the student pass application in the web link
- Upon fetching of e-form, the student has to enter the Student enrollment number, Date of Birth. Students name, Sex, Class, Address, College details, Telephone number, e-mail address, travel details and upload the photo and submit.
- The filled application will be sent to the concerned college through online.
- Colleges are provided with username and password to validate the application.
- Nodal officer of the college should review the application form and submit the certified application.
- The student needs to pay a processing fee Pass charges as applicable
- Provision has been enabled to make either online payment or pay by cash at the time of delivery to the Postal Department
- In the event of opting for online payment processing fee would be Rs. 190 or else the Student will be charged Rs. 200.
- The smart card will be directly sent to the postal address of the student by post.
- The pass amount including the processing fee will be collected directly by the Postal Department Department at the time of delivery in the event the Student has opted for cash payment.
Students should submit their application to avail student concessional pass before 31.07.2018, says the press note.