Time Table for M.E Examination of August 2018
Master of Engineering, more commonly known as ME, is the next step towards becoming an engineer, after successfully completing four years of undergraduate course i.e. BE (Bachelor of Engineering). ME, the two-year post-graduate course in engineering, is offered by many engineering colleges and technical institutes in India. ME programmes in India are usually designed to impart education in a specific branch of engineering or a technical field, as chosen by the student pursuing it. The course is structured as an engineering research degree programme, just below Ph.D. in the relevant branch of engineering.
Engineers with the postgraduate degree (ME) can get a senior position in private and government departments, as compared to those who have done merely BE. After pursuing ME, one can work as a planner or advisor on basic infrastructure development of the industry, in government or private organizations related to the field. Explore the list of colleges offering ME course in India.
Duration: 2 years
- Citizenship: Indian nationals can apply under the General Category. Foreign nationals or Non-Resident Indians or Indian nationals supported by NRI relatives can apply under the Foreign/NRI category.
- Qualification: Pass in the following from a recognized university with a minimum of 50%.
- BE/BTech or equivalent in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical and Electronics, Telecommunications, Bio-Medical Engineering, Medical Electronics, Mechatronics and Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent for all ME (Master of Engineering) Programs.
- BE/BTech in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Information Science, Bio-Medical Engineering, Medical Electronics, Mechatronics, Instrumentation Engineering or Equivalent, MSc in Mathematics or MSc in Statistics or Equivalent, with the minimum of 50% in aggregate is required for ME (Master of Engineering) in Big Data and Data Analytics.
- Candidates with BE / B.Tech Degree having specialization in Electronics & Communications, Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunications, Bio-Medical Engineering, Medical Electronics, Mechatronics, Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent with the minimum of 50% in aggregate is required for Master of Engineering – ME(Internet of Things)