Job costing is a method that enables an industry to pre-determine the cost, add the
required profit and quote the selling price before manufacturing.
Job costing is applicable in the following industries:
1) Machine manufacturing/fabricating units.
2) Automobile body building units.
3) Ship building.
4) Painting industry.
5) Furniture making industries.
6) Fabrication of metallic structures.
7) Construction industry.
8) Repair and restoration works.
9) Customization of automobiles.
10) Installation of computers and software/office computerization.