Karnataka PGCET is a state level entrance examination conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority for admission to MBA/ MCA/ M.Arch/ M.Tech/ M.E programs offered by participating government and private colleges in Karnataka. Karnataka PGCET 2020 is expected to be held on Aug 8 -9, 2020
- The application fees for General/ OBC and EWS is INR 650 and INR 500 for SC and ST candidates.
- Candidates must check KPGCET Eligibility Criteria for the course they wish to apply for.
- GATE qualifiers are exempted from the exam but are required to fill in the admission form.
- Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern and Syllabus is different for MBA, MCA and M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch.
- The authority will publish Karnataka PGCET Result 2020 in the third week of August 2020.
- Qualified candidates have to attend Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020 along with the required documents
- in September 2020.
Highlights of Karnataka PGECET 2020
|Exam Name||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Category||PG Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.E./M.Tech|
|Number of institutes registered||200+|
Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2020, Registration Dates, Fee and Process
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Forms: Candidates can register for Karnataka PGCET 2020 by filling the application form via the official website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in. Karnataka Education Authority will start rolling out Karnataka PGCET Application Forms likely by May 19, 2020. While the last day to fill the application form is June 20, 2020 (tentative), candidates will be able to submit the application fee till June 21, 2020 during bank hours.
- Karnataka PGCET 2020 is expected to be held on Aug 8 and 9, 2020 in offline mode.
- Bachelor’s degree holders with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for KPGCET 2020.
- There are three major phases in filling the online form viz. Registration, Application Form Filling, Uploading Documents with Application Fee Payment.
- Candidates who register successfully can download their KPGCET Admit Card in July 2020
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Dates
The tentative dates of Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam are as follows:
|Release of Karnataka PGCET 2020 notification||June 15, 2020|
|Karnataka PGCET Registration 2020 begins||June 15 – June 28 , 2020|
|Last day to fill Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2020||June 30, 2020|
|Issue of Karnataka PGCET Admit Card||July 27|
|Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Date||Aug 8 – 9, 2020|
|Declaration of Karnataka PGCET Result||August 2020|
|Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020||September 2020|
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility 2020
Karnataka PGCET eligibility criteria varies for various courses. Candidates can check course-wise KPGCET Eligibility 2020 below:
MBA Full-time & Part-time
- Full-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
- Part-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (+) must have worked for not less than 3 years as on July 31, 2020
- Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka candidates.
- Rounding off aggregate percent is not permitted