BENGALURU: As a one-time measure, Bangalore University will allow old students to appear for failed subjects. This applies to students of annual scheme 2000-01 batch and onwards and for semester and choice-based credit system of 2004-2005 batch and onwards of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in arts, science, commerce, education, law and engineering (UVCE only).
Semester/CBCS students who have completed the course but failed in a subject can take the odd and even semester examination whenever the university notifies it. The annual scheme exam will be conducted along with those of correspondence and distance education courses. In case of LLB’s 3 and 5-year course (odd and even), old students can appear for the 2021 exam.
Pursuant to the resolution of the Academic Council at its meeting held on 03.09.2020, one time permission is hereby accorded to the U.G. & P.G. students, except Medical and Dental courses to appear for the examinations as a one-time measure in the failed subjects as they have completed their courses in the stipulated period without break, subject to the following conditions:
- This permission applies for the Annual scheme students who have registered for admissions 2000-01 batch and onwards not passed during the stipulated period.
- The semesters/CBCS students who have registered for admission from 2004-2005 and onwards and who have completed the course but have failed in subject may be permitted to take odd and even semester examination whenever University notifies such odd and even semester examinations.
- The Engineering courses examination will be conducted only for the UVCE failed students of 2000-01 batch and onwards.
- In case of LLB 3 and 5 years course (odd and even) they will be granted permission to appear for examination during 2021 examinations. (Maximum course duration for 5 and 3 years LLB are 10 and 6 years respectively)
- All such candidates shall study and pass the examinations / subjects as per the existing syllabus of their respective schemes only.
- The syllabus/Paper equivalency may be obtained from concerned Board of studies
- The Annual scheme Examinations of both UG and PG courses will be conducted along with Examinations of Correspondence & Distance Education courses of Bangalore University.
- Candidates shall pay the examinations fee whenever the fee notification is issued by the University for the relevant semesters / years.
- The permission is a one-time measure and should not be quoted as a precedent and no further requests will be entertained under any circumstances in this regards.
The Principals of the affiliated Colleges of Bangalore University are requested to permit such candidates who have completed more than 6 years under semester scheme and 5 year under CBCS and 4 years in P.G. degree course and have failed in certain subject, to appear for the examination during 2021 examinations as a one-time measure.
They are also requested to display the said Notification in College Notice Boards to give wide publicity. The Principals are also requested to send a details of the students who have been permitted to appear for Examinations along with the copies of their Marks Cards to the Registrar (Evaluation).
No further extension of time will be given to complete their Degree after the prescribed time limit as per the Regulation.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK FOR MORE UPDATE @BUSTUDYMATE
Please Use Bangalore University Biggest Student Forums To Ask Your Doubt / Questions related to Studies,Exam,or anything related to academic Needs https://forum.bustudymate.in/